Monday, October 10, 2011

Chicago Marathon 2011

This Sunday was the Chicago Marathon and the course happened to pass right past my adjacent street which was quite exciting. My apartment was located near the 20th mile and I was able to roll out of bed early enough to watch the Kenyans run by which I have to say, those guys can run fast. I honestly think their normal stride is as fast as I can sprint, it was incredible to watch. More importantly this was my roommates first Marathon ever and even though he slacked a bit on training he still completed it which is very impressive. I don't think I will ever be able to run 26.2 miles, I'll just ride my motorcycle! Hope everyone had a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thats pretty cool! I've never seen a marathon before and I wish one would run past my house so I could watch it.
    Where I live every christmas truckers get together decorate their trucks in christmas lights and drive around the city!

    ReplyDelete